What is OPay
OPay was founded by Opera. Opera is a popular browser of Norwegian origin.
It was launched in August 2018, after Opera acquired Paycom.
OPay is a payment platform that is aimed at Africa in particular. If you are very observant, you would notice that they have been offering services widely in Lagos without relaxing.
So, Opera company founded payment wallet. Perhaps that is where their name is coined from? OPay means Opera Payment.
OPay was founded in 2018 and has since then grown to become very popular, any Lagosian can testify to this. The payment service is also now popular in most major cities in Nigeria like Enugu, Aba, Ibadan, and Kano.
The platform enables our users to shop and pay for services and products through their mobile or web browser. … The services we offer initially include essential services such as buying mobile data and paying for utility services like electricity.
Opera browser itself is a very widely used browser in Africa at large. It is the second most used browser in Africa behind Google’s Chrome.
And also so many investors have taken part in in the founding of Opay and they have been grossing in a large amount of profit.
OPay App Download
OPay App is only available on Android. You can download at the Google Play Store. OPay App can be supported on Android phones running Android 5.0 and above.
This means that most cheap Android phones can support OPay. The app is not yet supported on iOS devices (i.e. iPhones and iPads).
Features of OPay App
The OPay app is a one stop shop for all Opera services. Here are some of the thing you can do on OPay:
- Buy Airtime: You can buy airtime for your mobile phone and other people. MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and Airtel are currently supported
- Buy Data: You can buy data plan for any mobile phone. MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile are currently supported by this service.
- Subscribe to Pay TV: You can subscribe to Satellite and Terrestrial Pay TV services like DSTV, GOTV, and Startimes.
- Pay Electricity Bill: You can now pay for Electricity. Distribution companies (Discos) currently supported include Abuja, Eko, Ibadan, Ikeja, Kano, and Port Harcourt
- Hail a Ride: There are a number of hailing services offered by OPay. You have ORide for hailing bikes, OCar for hailing cars (similar to Uber), OTrike for hailing tricycles, and OBus for hailing Bus.
- Order Food Delivery: You can order food from local restaurants near you.
- Transfer Money: You can transfer money to other OPay users or to a bank account.
- Pay with QR: This is a new service that will enable you pay for goods and services conveniently at physical locations and brick n mortar stores. Merchants that support OPay QR will have a sign indicating so. After shopping just scan the QR code to make payment.
- Receive Money by QR: As an OPay user. This means can scan your QR code to send you money.
- Get a Quick Loan: Using the OKash service you can get a quick short term loan.
- Make Investment: OWealth offers 10% annual rate on your investment.
- Fund your Betting Account: You can fund your betting account on OPay. Sports Betting services currently supported on OPay include NairaBet, Bet9ja, Supabets, and Cloudbet
- List your Products and Services: OList is a classified ads site that enable you post ads about your business.
- Build and Online Presence: OLeads is a service that enables you build a website in minutes. It is a very easy, fast, and affordable way to build online presence for your business.
OPay Agent Requirements
What will you need to become an Opay agent? Below are the requirements of Opay agent:
- You must know how to read, write and communicate.
- Provide the following documents; passport photo, utility bill, means of ID and Coperate Affair Commission documents (otional).
- A smaller or medium size shop will be required for customer base contact.
- You must have an android mobile phone that is functional and internet friendly
- Customer relation skills will be an added advantage.
Benefits of an OPay Agent
Everyone desire financial freedom as an OPay agent, You will have the following benefits
- You will enjoy quick settlement and cash withdrawal from your wallet.
- OPay will give you POS free as an agent, you don’t have to pay for it.
- You register with zero amount, it means that registration fee is free.
- Quick response from customer service center.
- Zero charges for all your transactions (airtime recharge, electricity bill, cable TV subscription, and cash transfer and withdrawal).
How to Become an OPay Agent
Here I will show you How to Become an OPay Agent. Become an agent by following the step by step below;
- Download OPay App on your Android phone through this link OPay App on Google Play Store
- Use your active phone number to complete the installation.
- Chart up to the Support team and request for your registration form.
- Fill the form correctly and provide the following; passport photo, utility bill, means of ID and CAC documents (optional).
- Finally, complete the process, you can start your transactions now. You can reach their customer service via email@example.com or through their WhatsApp (+2349066722924).